+12817588291

Numbers that have appeared in scam emails and are used by the scammers. Only posts about verified numbers are moved to this forum.
naive

+12817588291

Post by naive »

Promised to pay for work. claimed to be a company in Poland like eBay. don't know If I can say the name here but they run a scam. putting fake items on ebay then use your PayPal to accept payment then have you transfer funds to your account then have you withdrawl funds and ship the cash ups to someone in NY.

then when the buyer disputes the transaction because they didn't receive the item which may be another scam, they go silent and leave you holding the bag with no money if PayPal decides to do a chargeback and then they don't even bother paying you. the guy on the other side of this number says they will pay you and look into the matter on their end but no action is ever taken and your emails are never answered. Has anyone else encountered this?
ScamNumbers
Site Admin

Re: +12817588291

Post by ScamNumbers »

Please can you provide the details of this scam company and any websites and email addresses.
You can contact me at admin @ scamnumbers . info
naive

Post by naive »

ceneo support@yandex.com and the name associated was CENEO Support Darcel Yuan <darcelyuan12@gmail.com>; and the man that answered the phone at this number said his name was Frank. When I googled the number it said it was a landline in TX
there is a company named ceneo but I don't think they are affiliated with these people
naive

Post by naive »

I think what they do is recruit naïve people and have them edit emails and letters for them first. Then offer them $1500 month to accept payments into your own private PayPal and they provide a tracking number claiming they sent the item. they sell expensive items on eBay. Then they ask you to transfer funds into your bank account. I kept asking how do I transfer money to you. they finally told me when I got the first payment that I would withdrawl it from my account and send it UPS to an address in NY. I kept all the emails directing me to do this. I then received another payment and the buyer put a dispute in with PayPal and said they did not receive the item so they held funds until the issue was reviewed by PayPal. then the buyer from the first payment filed the same claim so I thought something was shady about this so I released funds back to the buyer immediately. PayPal still has one dispute open to me. They want an invoice and since I had nothing to do with the sale, I cannot provide this and since the money has been sent to the person in NY, I may be required to pay back over $4000 and no one from this "company" is answering me email. the phone is still working but the guy just says they will look into it
ScamNumbers
Site Admin

Post by ScamNumbers »

Thanks for posting the email addresses, this will help any other victims who are searching for the scam. Unfortunately, you are very likely to have to pay back the $4000 as you received the money in payment for something that you had no way of supplying.

For the bots:
Darcel Yuan - darcelyuan12@gmail.com
You can contact me at admin @ scamnumbers . info