+17657058743

Numbers that have appeared in scam emails and are used by the scammers. Only posts about verified numbers are moved to this forum.
NumberLover
Omnipresent

+17657058743

Post by NumberLover »

Tel. No.: +17657058743
Scam Type: Cold Calling
+1 (765) 705-8743. This number called me from the Alexandria, IN area. The man sounded similar to a recording and asked for donations to the Fraternal Order of Police. He asked me if he could put me down for a contribution of $35, $70 or $100, I think. I said, "I'm sorry I don't have any money for a donation at this time" because I never give money over the phone. He stated that if I pledged over the phone a certain contribution, I would receive an envelope with info about the organization, and would be asked to write a check to the organization at that time. I stated again "No thank you." He said thank you and goodbye and have a nice day at this point. I researched a bit after and found out that while this donation call may be legitimate, the question is what percentage is actually going towards the cause. In 2016, the phone fundraising in Indianapolis raised $1.9 million and only 15% of that went towards the fallen officers' families the fundraisers said the money would go towards. The rest paid for the fundraiser itself. Spend money to make money philosophy I guess. So it isn't so much a scam, but being educated about this helps. Ask the right questions and if you still feel you can donate, go for it.
Please don't confront scammers or tell them their details are on anti-scam sites. It will take them minutes to set up a new identity and existing warnings will be worthless.