+17144654047

Numbers that have appeared in scam emails and are used by the scammers. Only posts about verified numbers are moved to this forum.
NumberLover
Omnipresent

+17144654047

Post by NumberLover »

Tel. Nos.: +17144654047 & +18887644458
Scam Type: Other Scams

Message sent to our Admin address:
A man called me on 10/31/2017 from 714-465-4047 and left a VM for me identifying himself as "George Reyna" saying there was "an order sent to us tomorrow for this morning" (?) and there's a "claim filed against me", that I should contact the "firm handling my claim" at 888-764-4458 (No available company information tied to this number) before they proceed and that I've "officially been notified". Did not identify his company. Reverse lookup of caller's phone number shows it's a VOIP. The only company information available for 714-465-4047 is an out of business exterminator, likely back when it was an actual phone number.

Got another call today 11/1/2017 from 714-465-4047, this time a different person. Picked up, this person was very aggressive and refused to identify himself or his company. Kept trying to get my address info. I asked who was calling and he said "Ricardo". I asked him where he was calling from and he replied "my cell phone" (lie, VOIP). I repeatedly asked what company he was calling from and the only response he finally gave was "A third party". From there, he just kept asking me if my name is **** and for my address. Told him to go try his scam elsewhere (in not so polite words) and hung up. Immediately called back, blocked number.

This is definitely a scam to either steal identity or trick people into paying money to "resolve their claim". I've worked in law for several years and I sure wasn't aware that telling someone they've "officially been notified" in a cold call voicemail counted as legal proof of service. Obviously if there was a legitimate legal complaint against me he would be required to tell me what company he was calling from, would have my address information already and would have physically served documents on my address.
Please don't confront scammers or tell them their details are on anti-scam sites. It will take them minutes to set up a new identity and existing warnings will be worthless.