+19207982382

Numbers that have appeared in scam emails and are used by the scammers. Only posts about verified numbers are moved to this forum.
NumberLover
Omnipresent

+19207982382

Post by NumberLover »

Tel. No.: +19207982382
Scam Type: Online Selling Scam

Message sent to our Admin address:
Reporting New Scammer's Mobile #: 920 798-2382
Bogus Seller of Cargo Trailer on CraigsList

This person is a scammer selling a bogus cargo trailer on the CraigsList website. "She" (Becky) uses the following worn-out scamming techniques:

"Can't use my phone/am working"
"Selling this trailer at a cheap price for my brother and am moving"
"Trailer is already at the shipping company and ready to go, shipping fees paid by military"
"Sale guaranteed by "eBay Motors" (a completely fictional service)"

Will want the buyer to pay for the transaction up-front. Uses an overly-detailed sob story to convince the eager (i.e.: "cheap") buyer that this is a terrific deal they cannot resist because the price is 1/2 the normal price. In this case it is for a cargo trailer, but I have personally run into an identical method for a classic 1970s GMC motor home.

Usually the photographs used in these scam ads can be verified by using the TinEye.com or Images.Google.com websites to see if they have been published before on other websites, but this is not always reliable, as new pictures are not posted right away and registered on those sites. The main indication that an ad is a scam is pretty simple:

1. If the price is too good to be true - it really is!
2. If the seller cannot show you the merchandise for inspection, they don't really own it!
3. If they give you a very-detailed "back story" explaining why the sale is so complicated, they are practicing the "con" (getting your confidence in them).

NEVER give out your telephone number, e-mail address or any other personal information, no matter how desperate you are to "get a good deal". The scammer will give you an excuse to do this in the initial reply from your Craigslist inquiry, and sometimes will not reply until you have replied with a personal telephone number/e-mail address out of frustration/desperation that you may have missed out on "the deal".

Once you have received the "con" explanation, simply tell them (usually via text message) to "go f**k themselves". They will move on after putting your name, telephone number/e-mail address on a SPAM list and then selling it along with all of the other future victims of SPAM, SCAMs and VIRUS-laden messages.
Please don't confront scammers or tell them their details are on anti-scam sites. It will take them minutes to set up a new identity and existing warnings will be worthless.